Tuesday June 26 2012 - Massachusetts Process Safety Regulations Workshops
527 CMR: BOARD OF FIRE PREVENTION REGULATIONS
Effective February 3, 2012 - 527 CMR 33 Hazardous Material Process or Processing regulation went into effect as voted by the Board of Fire Prevention Regulations.
DFS has posted a copy of the regulations on their website
According to DFS, the new regulation contains requirements of both facilities handling hazardous materials and the local head of the fire department. These include:
- Expand required permits to include additional hazardous materials and related material processing (as defined) that may not have been previously subject to a permit or related government oversight.
- The permit will be issued by the local head of the fire department, who will also carry out an enhanced oversight role in implementing the regulatory requirements.
- As a condition to such permitting, the regulation requires disclosure and an evaluation regarding the details about the hazardous material process activity taking place at the facility.
- Once disclosed, certain requirements are established based upon category classification.
- Maintaining the required permit is conditional upon continued compliance with the regulatory requirements, which focus on preventive, protective, and safety control measures in conformance with recognized and generally accepted practices, including conformance with certain Federal and MassDEP regulations.
Dates of Workshops
- Tues., May 1, 2012 - SABIC, Pittsfield
- Thurs., May 3, 2012 -North Central MA Chamber of Commerce, Fitchburg
- Wed., May 9, 2012 - Affiliated Chambers of Greater Springfield/TD Bank Conference Center, Springfield
- Mon., May 14, 2012 - UMASS Lowell/University Inn & Conference Center
- Wed., June 13, 2012 - Precix, New Bedford
- Fri., June 15, 2012 - EMD Millipore, Bedford
- Tues., June 26, 2012 - GZA GeoEnvironmental, Rt 1, S. Norwood, MA (This class is currently filled- sorry for the inconvenience)
- Thurs., June 28, 2012 - Dow Electronic Materials, Marlborough
Times For All Workshops:
Registration: 8:30 am to 9:00 am
Presentations 9:00 am to 11:00 am