Tuesday May 13 2014 - The Central Massachusetts Business Environmental Network (CMBEN)
The Central Massachusetts Business Environmental Network (CMBEN)
In partnership with the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce
Present: “We are from the Government and We are Here to Help”
When: Tuesday, May 13, 20149:00 – 11:30 A.M.
Where: Saint-Gobain-Norton Hall
One New Bond Street
- Rick Reibstein will explain the free, confidential and non-regulatory services of the Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance and Technology, whose legislative mandate is to help any person in implementing toxics use reduction and other pollution prevention or resource conservation activities, and in complying with applicable environmental and health and safety laws.
- Pam Eliason, Industry Research Program Manager at the Toxics Use Reduction Institute, will describe the various grant programs offered by TURI to Massachusetts companies. The grant programs are designed to promote the research, implementation and dissemination of information about successful toxics use reduction strategies and technologies.
- Mike Corcoran will explain how to access the Workforce Training Fund which has a yearly appropriation of 21 million and is funded by employers. Available grants are up to $250,000 to train incumbent workers.
- Kathy Flannery will talk about the OSHA Consultation Program-a free workplace safety and health program to assist employers to identify and control potential safety and health hazards at their worksites.
- Dave Gaudet from National Grid will focus on "Statewide Energy Efficiency Programs in Massachusetts" and will talk about incentives that customers can receive for energy efficient equipment for homes and businesses through MassSave and GasNetworks and through the individual utilities and other state organizations like MA Center for Energy Excellence, etc.
- George Frantz will provide an overview of the work and service EPA’s Assistance and P2 office provides. He will also cover the Small Business Assistance function and the boiler rule (electronic reporting required by July 19, 2014).
To register for this event, e-mail Mary Hubbard of the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at (508) 753-2924. Although there is no cost for this meeting, seating is limited so please register soon, and no later than May 8.
Please be advised that you need to allow time to check in at Security for a Parking Pass and a Visitor’s Badge.