Wednesday November 30 2011 - TUR Planning for Dry Cleaners
Training will cover
* An overview of the TURA Program
* An overview of reporting requirements
* In depth workshop on completing a TUR plan for your facility
* One on one assistance for your specific plan at the close of the training
This training will enable you to efficiently and quickly prepare a TUR Plan that satisfies the legal requirements under TURA. We will provide you with a plan template and use it to guide you step by step through your own unique planning process. Dry cleaners that have 10 or more full time employee equivalents and use 1,000 pounds (about 75 gallons) or more of perc, will be required to file an annual toxics use report, prepare a toxics use reduction plan, and pay an annual toxics use fee.
You are required to submit a plan 2 years after your first report, unless you are no longer reporting. Training will be held in the spring for those reporting for the first time or need a 'refresher session'.
Location and Directions:
Wednesday - November 30, 2011 3-5pm
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Wannalancit Mills - 600 Suffolk Street
• From Greater Boston: Take Route 3 North to Exit 30B to the Lowell Connector.
• From North or South: Take exit 35C to the Lowell Connector.
From the Lowell Connector:
• Take Exit 5B (off the Lowell Connector) - Thorndike Street.
• Turn RIGHT at the end of ramp (no other choice) onto Thorndike.
• Continue on this street until you are in front of the entrance to the Tsongas Arena. Take a LEFT onto Fr. Morrisette Blvd.
• Take RIGHT onto Suffolk Street.
• The Wannalancit Building is immediately on your left.
• The visitors’ parking lot is on the right.
• Enter at 600 Suffolk St. – the entrance at the corner of Fr. Morrisette and Suffolk St.