Education and Training
TURI offers many education and training opportunities to help companies reduce toxics and conserve resources. Although many of these trainings were developed for TUR Planners, anyone interested in these topics is welcome to participate. View upcoming training events.
To Become a TUR Planner
- The Certification Course for becoming a Toxics Use Reduction Planner, a certified professional empowered by the Toxics Use Reduction Act to approve Toxics Use Reduction Plans.
For Existing TUR Planners
- Continuing Education Conferences hosted twice a year for TUR Planner Continuing Education credit and general Pollution Prevention and Resource Conservation sessions for anyone interested in the conference topics.
- Annual reporting workshops for updates on reporting under the federal Toxics Release Inventory and Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Act (Forms R,S, and A)
- Resource Conservation course, presented every other year to certify TUR Planners to certify Resource Conservation Plans
- Onsite industry demonstrations
- Environmental Management Systems course for TUR Planning
- Webinars on a variety of toxics reduction and resource conservation topics
- Trainings on cleaning by our Cleaning Laboratory