Cleaner Technology DemonstrationsDownload the case studies to learn how each company achieved toxics use reduction or energy conservation.
|Traditionally, metal finishing relies on the use of a number of toxic chemicals to achieve the performance requirements of its customers. Independent Plating recently converted a nickel plating line to accommodate a new technology that substitutes trivalent chromium for hexavalent chromium, a Higher Hazard Substance. This case study documents the company's decision-making process and the business case for making the change. Download PDF file (543.70 kB)|
|Ophir Optics uses lean manufacturing to achieve significant VOC reductions Download PDF file (322.30 kB)|
|Employing green chemistry thinking, InteliCoat developed product lines that utilize non-solvent based coatings and reaction conditions, including water-based and UV-curable coatings, to significantly reduce the amount of toxic organic chemicals it uses and releases annually. InteliCoat presented information on its financial and environmental decision-making process for switching its primary product lines and the associated impact of the changes made for the company. Download PDF file (229.08 kB)|
- Energy Conservation, Texas Instruments, 2002
- Alternative Coating Systems, Intelicoat, 2002.
- Cleaner Technology Demonstration Sites Program Summary of Events In 2002
- Environmental Management System Workgroup Surface Finishing Sector Hosted By Photofabrication Engineering, Inc., 2000.
- Elimination of Acid and Lead in Wire Strand Annealing and Galvanizing Riverdale Mills Corporation, 2000