M/A-COM RoHS Compliance
M/A-COM has more than 10 years experience producing lead-free electronic modules using higher melting point RoHS compliant solders to stability modules for subsequent incorporation into electronic assemblies using tin-lead reflow. This report highlights M/A-COM's strategies for
- qualifying RoHS compliant components
- managing RoHS implementation across multiple business units and manufacturing locations
- designing data management systems to support supplier management and customer service functions
- producing both compliant and standard tin-lead alloy products for military and aerospace industries with specifications that prohibit the use of some commonly used RoHS compliant materials
- ensuring that RoHS compliant products are "backwards compatible" with tin-lead solder processes.