Alternative Assessment's Past, Present and Future Webinar
- July 11, 2019
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This is the first webinar in a series hosted by the Association for the Advancement of Alternatives Assessment’s (A4). The field of alternatives assessment is being driven by increasing policy and market demands to substitute chemicals of concern in process and products, as well as the need to help decision-makers in industry and government make smarter, safer choices about chemicals, materials and technologies used. To kick off this series, the first A4 webinar will address Alternative Assessment's Past, Present and Future, including:
- The origins of alternatives assessment and its recent history as well as successes;
- An overview on advances in the field’s methods and practice as well as ongoing gaps that require engagement and collaborations among multi-disciplinary array of professionals to accelerate the pace of methods development and standards of practice;
- The recent launch of A4 as a forum to support advancing the science in support of quality alternatives assessments, developing professional excellence, enhancing capacity, and sharing best practices.
- Joel Tickner, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell Center for Sustainable Production
- Molly Jacobs, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell Center for Sustainable Production
- Amelia Nestler, Northwest Green Chemistry
- Pam Spencer, Angus Chemical Company
This webinar assumes participants have a basic understanding of the field of alternatives assessment. For those needing a primer to the field, please see the webinar, Alternatives Assessment 101.