TUR Planner Certification Course
- Upcoming Events:
- September 30, 2021, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- October 6, 2021, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- October 13, 2021, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- October 28, 2021, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- August 13, 2021, with a required one hour virtual kick-off web meeting at Noon.
- Thursday, September 30, Wednesday, October 6, Wednesday, October 13, and Thursday, October 28, 8:30AM to 4:30PM in class meetings.
The location for in class meetings will be held at UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, 50 Warren Street, Lowell, Massachusetts.
Why You Should Attend:
Companies increasingly recognize that what is good for human health and the environment is also good for business and the bottom line. Effective toxics use reduction (TUR) protects workers, communities, and the environment, while sharpening a company's competitive edge.
TUR Planners are essential to this process. Learn more about the role of the TUR Planner.
The Toxics Use Reduction Institute offers the TUR Planner Certification course annually to train professionals responsible for assuring a company's TUR planning is done in good faith.
This course begins with attending a required group web meeting on Friday, August 13, from 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Class participants will then work on the 11 online training modules and discussions at their own pace (asynchronously).
Four in-class sessions (September 30, October 6, 13, and 28) follow. This portion of the course features veteran TUR Planners and other subject matter experts sharing best practices. Small group work on a practicum, based on a real manufacturing operation, helps to hone your planning skills.
Before registering, it would be helpful for you to contact Pam Eliason at 978-934-3142. If you have any questions about Planner certification requirements, email Walter Hope at MassDEP or contact him at (617) 292-5982.
How to Register for this Course:
Register online by using the links below to pay via credit card. To register by mail, complete the registration form and return it to UMass Lowell (address is on the registration form) by August 10. Your registration will not be complete and your space will not be held until payment and registration forms are received. Applicants admitted for this course will receive a Zoom meeting link prior to the required kick-off web meeting.
- Limited Practice TUR Planners: If your facility (your sole employer) has ever filed a TURA Form S, your fee is $630. (MassDEP Facility I.D.# required for the lower rate.)
- General Practice TUR Planners: If your facility/employer has not filed a TURA Form S, or if you intend to do TUR Planning for more than one facility, your fee is $2,000. Registration fee includes materials, lunch and breaks for each day.
- Participation in the online-only portion of the course is available. The fee for the online portion of the course only is $250 for current Limited Practice TUR Planners (who can receive 20 continuing education credits for successful completion) and $500 for all others.
If you plan to use a credit card, please return to this announcement after you complete the registration form.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS:
(Click on appropriate fee)
Registrations are due by August 10, 2021. Registration is first come/first served. A confirmation packet, including the Zoom link for the mandatory kick-off meeting and login information for the online portion of the class, will be emailed to you upon successful enrollment.
Cancellations must be received by August 10, 2021 (3 business days before the first day of class). Cancellations received by August 10 will receive a credit that may be used for a future TURI-sponsored event. There will be no credit for cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to the start of the course. To cancel your registration, please contact Brenda Wilson at (978) 934-3275 or email Brenda@turi.org.