Thursday May 14 2009 - TURA Information Session
Join Us - Information Session about the Toxics Use Reduction Act Program
Thursday - May 14th - 11:30am - 1:15pm
Location: The NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Boston, MA
(located in downtown Boston, one block from South Station)
Contact: Brenda Wilson (978) 934-3195
Although RSVP is not required, please let us know by Monday, May 4th, to ensure lunch and a seat are provided for all attendees.
New opportunities exist for environmental, public health and labor organizations to engage with the Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Act (TURA) Program.
Please join the Toxics Use Reduction Institute on Thursday, May 14th from 11:30am to 1:15pm for a lunch-time conversation about current TURA Program activities. We will update you on program resources and activities, and find out more about how we can support your work.
Did you know that the TURA Program:
Recently sponsored a small study of the use and release of asthmagens in Massachusetts?
- Is expanding its activities to assist small businesses using highly hazardous substances?
- Has designated trichloroethylene, perchloroethylene, and cadmium and cadmium compounds as higher hazard substances?
Our 1 hour, 45-minute conversation will include:
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
- A brief overview of the TURA program
- New program elements created by the 2006 TURA Amendments
How your organization can engage with the TURA program
- Weigh in on policy decisions at public meetings
- Take advantage of program services
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
- An overview of the TURA data: Learn how you can use this unique data source to get information that is useful for you
- Results from a recent UMass Lowell study using the TURA data, "Use and Release of Asthma Toxicants in Massachusetts"
12:30 pm - 1:15 pm
- Q&A, group discussion & time to connect with your fellow Massachusetts environmental, public health and labor advocates
Please save the date: Thursday, May 14, 2009 from 11:30 to 1:15.
Location: The NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Boston, MA (located in downtown Boston - one block from South Station. We encourage you to take public transportation if possible.
Please share this invitation with any of your colleagues who may be interested in attending. Send to a Colleague.
Although RSVP is not required, please let us know by Monday, May 4th to ensure lunch and a seat are provided for all attendees.
To RSVP, email Brenda Wilson or call 978-934-3195.
If you are interested in this event but cannot attend at this time or have questions, please email or call Rachel Massey, 978-934-3124. We hope to see you there.