Toxics Use Reduction Planner Certification Course
- October 17, 2019
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Toxics Use Reduction Institute
The Offices at Boott Mills West
126 John Street Suite 14
Lowell, MA 01852
- Online modules available beginning August 29, 2019 with a required one hour kick off WEB meeting at noon.
- In class sessions held Thursdays, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm on October 3, 10, 17, 31
Note: The online portion of the Course is to be completed in September.
Why Become a Toxics Use Reduction Planner?
Companies increasingly recognize that what is good for human health and the environment is also good for business and the bottom line. Effective toxics use reduction (TUR) protects workers, communities, and the environment, while sharpening a company's competitive edge. TUR Planners are essential to this process. Learn more about the role of the TUR Planner.
The Toxics Use Reduction Institute offers the TUR Planning course annually to train professionals responsible for assuring a company's TUR planning is done in good faith and yields new opportunities to create a more efficient and sustainable operation.
If your company reports on its use of toxic chemicals, is there someone in your organization who should take this course? if you are already a Toxics Use Reduction Planner, please pass this information onto your colleagues.
How to Register for this Course
If you are interested in this class, please complete this brief required application before registering. If you do not intend to become a certified TUR Planner, we still need you to complete this application because it provides additional information for your instructors.
If you plan to use a credit card, please scroll down to the bottom of this event announcement after you have completed the registration form.
Course format online and in person:
- This course begins with a required group WEB meeting on Thursday, August 29 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
- For the next month, class participants will work on the 11 on-line training modules and discussions at their own pace. Participants who have not completed the on-line discussions, exercises and quizzes will not be admitted to the in-class sessions.
- Four in-class sessions (October 3, 10, 17, and 31) follow.
The course features TUR Planners sharing best practices, and a real world example that participants collaborate on (both in and out of class) to create a graded TUR Plan.
Continuing Education Credits
Already certified Limited Practice TUR Planners and General Practice Planners can earn 20 credits (one time only) for taking the online portion of this course as a refresher.
Learn more about the course, its prerequisites and the eligibility requirements for TUR Planner certification.
NOTE: Course attendance is required in order to receive a certiﬁcate of completion. If you have any questions about certification requirements, contact Walter Hope at MassDEP at (617) 292-5982.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS: (Click on the appropriate fee)