Thursday December 16 2004 - Transitioning to Lead-free PWB AssemblyHoliday Inn Borborough Woods
242 Adams Place
8:00AM â€“ 12:00 PM
This workshop provided the latest updates on regulatory and technical developments related to the lead-free transition in the printed wiring board assembly industry sector. It was designed to help companies of all sizes better understand how to prepare for the July 1, 2006 RoHS deadline. The workshop featured highly experienced, knowledgeable presenters representing various aspects of the electronics supply chain.
Topics and speakers include:
Latest lead-free related developments for RoHS, WEEE
Mr. Todd MacFadden, Mabbett & Associates
New England Lead-free Electronics Consortium: Phase III Overview
Mr. Gregory J. Morose, MA Toxics Use Reduction Institute
Quality & Inspection for Lead-free Assembly: New Lead-free Visual Inspection Standards
Ms. Helena Pasquito, M/A-COM
IPC Lead-free Material Declaration Handbook Project & Update on Lead-free Labeling Standards
Mr. John Sharp, Teradyne
Motorola/Indium Lead-free Efforts & Best Practices for Lead-free Assembly
Mr. Ronald C. Lasky, PhD, PE, Indium Corporation
NEMI Tin Whisker Project & JEDEC Tin Whisker Testing and Qualification Standards
Ms. Elsa Kam-Lum, Allegro Microsystems
Key questions speakers addressed
- What are the latest developments of RoHS related to lead-free electronics?
- How can organizations effectively address material composition disclosure requirements?
- What are the best practices for lead-free electronics assembly?
- How has Motorola implemented lead-free assembly for cellular phone products?
- What are the new visual inspection standards for lead-free solder joints and how do they affect product quality?
- How are companies in New England working together to address the challenges of lead-free assembly?
For more information about the workshop, please contact Greg Morose .