The Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance (OTA) has worked at hundreds of facilities to provide manufacturers and businesses free and confidential pollution prevention technical assistance. OTA staff can help you navigate the new COVID-19 guidelines to quickly and safely open and operate during the current pandemic, such as providing guidance on cleaning chemical safety, or other information catered to your individual needs. OTA’s staff of engineers and chemists are available by zoom, email or phone to help guide you through your environmental safety and compliance questions.
Additional External Resources
For additional information about safer cleaning and disinfectant products for COVID-19, please see these useful resources:
- Environmental Protection Agency List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Cleaning for Households
- Boston Public Health Commission: Cleaning & Disinfection to Prevent COVID-19
- Healthy Salons Project
- Women’s Voices for the Earth’s webinar (March 2020): “COVID-19, Cleaning Products & Your Health”
- University of Washington’s Department of Environmental & Occupational Health Science’s fact sheet (April 2020): “Safer Cleaning, Sanitizing and Disinfecting Strategies to Reduce and Prevent COVID-19 Transmission"
- Western States Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit’s fact sheet (April 2020) and infographic on Disinfectant Use During the COVID-19 Pandemic.