Small Business Grants
TURI offers grants of up to $10,000 to qualified Massachusetts small businesses to change their processes or replace toxic chemicals with safer alternatives. Although this year's deadline date of June 21 for applications has passed, review our materials and contact Joy Onasch to discuss your project ideas for next year. Read about this year's grantees and their projects.
Both for-profit and not-for-profit entities that:
- Are small (typically less than 10 employees)
- Provide services directly to the community and consumers
- Are prepared to purchase and install new equipment or materials to reduce their use of toxic chemicals
- Will allow TURI to collect data on their materials usage or processes
Small Business Sector Eligibility
Massachusetts small businesses that may be eligible for this grant, and are of particular interest to TURI include, but are not limited to:
- Dry cleaners
- Auto repair shops
- Auto body & tire shops
- Car or truck washes
- Bathtub or furniture refinishers
- Janitorial/house cleaning groups
- Child care facilities
Small business grants are NOT appropriate for projects focused on controlling exposure or emissions (such as ventilation) from a process that uses toxic chemicals or recycling of waste once generated.
Learn more from the case studies posted on the right-hand side. Contact Joy Onasch with any questions.