Small Business Grants
TURI offers grants of up to $10,000 to qualified Massachusetts small businesses to change their processes or replace toxic chemicals with safer alternatives. This year's deadline for applications has passed. To discuss future project ideas, contact Joy Onasch.
Both for-profit and not-for-profit entities that:
- Are small (typically less than 10 employees)
- Provide services directly to the community and consumers
- Are prepared to purchase and install new equipment or materials to reduce their use of toxic chemicals
- Will allow TURI to collect data on their materials usage or processes
Small Business Sector Eligibility
Massachusetts small businesses that may be eligible for this grant, and are of particular interest to TURI include, but are not limited to:
- Dry cleaners
- Auto repair shops
- Auto body & tire shops
- Car or truck washes
- Bathtub or furniture refinishers
- Janitorial/house cleaning groups
- Child care facilities
Small business grants are NOT appropriate for projects focused on controlling exposure or emissions (such as ventilation) from a process that uses toxic chemicals or recycling of waste once generated. If you have questions about your project idea, contact Joy Onasch to discuss.
Please note: Grant funding is limited, and awards are contingent on the funding received by TURI in FY2021 (beginning July 1, 2020). TURI will make every effort to award grants as in past years; however, it is uncertain whether our budget and the timing of the grants will be impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.