Guidance and Reference Materials
- This TURA primer summarizes all the requirements of TURA.
- TUR Planning Guidance - This is the official guidance document on creating TUR Plans published by MassDEP. It is a fairly concise document that explains what plans must include.
- TURA Reporting Instructions provides detailed instructions for TURA reporting.
- TURA Reporting Appendices provides additional information helpful for TURA reporting.
- TURA eDEP Reporting Tips provides line by line reporting assistance.
- TURA Statute - The complete text of the Toxics Use Reduction Act with 2006 amendments included.
- TURA Regulations - Massachusetts regulation 310 CMR 50, the regulation that implements TURA.
- MA List of toxic chemicals - The current list of chemicals requiring Massachusetts companies to comply with TURA.
- Higher and Lower Hazard Substances under TURA - the current list of HHS, which have lowered thresholds for reporting and planning, and LHS, which are reportable substances for which no fee applies.
- The MassDEP Guidance on Integral Recycling - recommended information on BOTH Integral and NON-Integral recycling.
- Other MassDEP TUR and related guidance documents, such as guidance for specific industries and processes.
- All relevant forms are available on the MassDEP website. These include complete details on requirements for eligibility to become either a Limited Practice or General Practice TUR Planner.
- The TURI Library gives you access to numerous resources related to toxic substances information, including subscription online databases.
- The Environmental Health & Safety Data Resources LibGuide, is an extremely useful portal for finding relevant EH&S data to help you assess the chemicals you use and/or the alternative chemicals you may be considering as options to your use of toxics.
- Another great set of pollution prevention (P2) resources is maintained by the University of Illinois - their P2 LibGuide
Links to other organizations involved with TUR: