TURI supports MA businesses to successfully implement projects that protect their workers, communities and the environment by reducing the use of toxic chemicals.
TURI offers grants (typically between $15,000 and $35,000) to help Massachusetts businesses research, evaluate, and/or adopt safer alternatives to toxic chemicals. Grants funding is available to any for-profit business in Massachusetts that:
- Proposes process or product changes to reduce their use of toxics;
- Is considering a change that is relevant to other businesses; and
- Reduces the use of toxic chemical(s) covered by TURI’s strategic priorities (see below) or other toxic chemicals listed in the Toxics Use Reduction Act of Massachusetts.
We especially encourage proposals that address the following strategic priorities:
- Reducing or eliminating halogenated solvents (in particular: TCE, perc, DCM, nPB and trans-DCE)
- Supporting businesses to adopt PFAS-free products or processes
- Supporting facilities that are free of toxic flame retardants.
Because the overarching goal of this program is to share examples of successful toxics use reduction implementation widely, facilities that receive a grant are encouraged to work with TURI to share information about their projects.
Download the Request for Proposals to learn more about our strategic priorities and the criteria for a successful proposal.
Deadline extended to September 30, 2023! Contact [email protected] to learn more
The first step in submitting a proposal is to complete and submit the application form below. (we recommend you use the Google Chrome browser)