Reduce Toxics and Costs, Conserve Resources
TURI provides training for toxics use reduction, resource conservation, and environmental management systems. Take advantage of the many training sessions that will help your company reduce toxics and conserve resources. Although many of these trainings were developed for Toxics Use Reduction (TUR) Planners, anyone interested in these topics is welcome to participate.
To Become a TUR Planner
- Take the Certification Course to become a Toxics Use Reduction Planner, a certified professional empowered by the Toxics Use Reduction Act to approve Toxics Use Reduction Plans.
For Existing TUR Planners
- Continuing Education Conferences hosted twice a year, spring and fall, provide sufficient continuing education credits for TUR Planner recertification and provide useful knowledge for any Pollution Prevention or Resource Conservation professional.
- Annual reporting workshops for updates on reporting under the federal Toxics Release Inventory and Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Act (Forms R, S, and A), presented in the spring by MassDEP.
- Resource Conservation course prepares TUR Planners to address Resource Conservation in lieu of TUR planning every other planning cycle.
- Environmental Management Systems course is for TUR Planners interested in modifying a facility's EMS to address toxics as an alternative to TUR planning.
- Webinars on a variety of toxics reduction. pollution prevention and resource conservation topics.
- Demonstration Site tours provide real world examples from companies innovating in toxics use reduction or resource conservation.
Check the TURI calendar for dates and registration availability.
Sign up to receive the monthly TURI Newsletter.