Accessibility Statement for TURI
This is an accessibility statement from Toxics Use Reduction Institute
Measures to support accessibility
Toxics Use Reduction Institute takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of TURI:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for
people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. TURI is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of TURI. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on TURI:
- Phone: 978-934-3275
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor Address: The Offices at Boott Mills West, 126 John Street, Suite 14 (2nd Floor), Lowell, MA 01852
- Accessibility contact: Stacie Caldwell
We try to respond to feedback within 2 to 3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
TURI is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Firefox with NVDA on Windows
- Safari or Chrome with VoiceOver on OSx and IOS
- Chrome with Talkback on Android
Accessibility of TURI relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of TURI, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for TURI:
- Video transcripts: Currently there are no transcripts for media on turi.org. because Transcripts were not part of the original website design.. We are investigating the best method to create and implement transcripts. Videos currently have closed captioning..
Toxics Use Reduction Institute assessed the accessibility of TURI by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
This statement was created on August 5th 2021