Addressing Environmental Justice through Chemicals Management
- December 7, 2021
- 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The 16th Annual BizNGO Meeting is for businesses and NGOs committed to embarking on the journey to safer chemicals. These sessions are held virtually.
Session 1. Building a Roadmap: Addressing Environmental Justice through Chemicals Management (December 7th at 11:00am-2:00pm EST)
Afford the BizNGO platform to advocacy organizations who represent a variety of vulnerable/underrepresented populations to draw out the issue from these important perspectives by asking “what does your community need?” and using responses to spark conversations about what BizNGO can/should do to address their concerns. Facilitator: Kayla Williams, DEI Lead & Communications Coordinator, Clean Production Action
Session 1a. Tuning In: How are hazardous chemicals affecting your community?
- Astrid Williams, Environmental Justice Manager, Black Women for Wellness
- Amanda Kiger, Director, River Valley Organizing
- Michelle Roberts, National Co-Coordinator of the Environmental Justice Health Alliance (EJHA)
Schedule 11:00 Welcome to BizNGO 2021 Annual Meeting – Mark Rossi, Clean Production Action11:05 Introduction – Kayla Williams, Clean Production Action (10 minutes)11:15 Presentations11:45 Q&A11:55 Small group discussion12:15 Break
Session 1b. 12:45 Taking Steps to JDEI + chemical safety in businesses
- Latonya Jackson, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) North America Inclusive Diversity Committee Chair
- Pam Miller, Executive Director, Alaska Community Against Toxics
- Susan Baker, Director of Shareholder Advocacy, Trillium Asset Management
12:45 Report backs 12:55 Responses / Comments1:10 Introduce straw proposal of actions 1:20 Small group discussion1:40 Report backs 2:00 Adjourn