Disclosing Chemicals in Products and Supply Chains
- December 7, 2021
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The 16th Annual BizNGO Meeting is for businesses and NGOs committed to embarking on the journey to safer chemicals. These sessions are held virtually.
Session 2. Transparency: Disclosing Chemicals in Products & Supply Chains (December 7th at 3:00-6:00pm EST)
Learn aspirations for chemical ingredient disclosure, efforts to implement transparency in policy, and steps businesses are taking towards disclosure, including supply chain disclosure. Facilitator: Mark Rossi, Executive Director, Clean Production Action
Session 2a. Implementing the Principles for Chemical Ingredient Disclosure (3:00-4:15pm EST)
- Mark Rossi, Executive Director, Clean Production Action
- Introducing the Principles for Chemical Ingredient Disclosure and organizations endorsing the Principles
- Avinash Kar, Senior Attorney, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Reflecting on the Principles and how they relate to policy initiatives.
- Jon Smieja, Corporate Sustainability Manager, Andersen Corporation
- Implementing the Principles at business scale, challenges and successes
Schedule 3:00 Presentations3:30 Q&A3:40 Small groups
- How is your organization working on transparency?
- What are your transparency needs & successes?
- What interconnections do you see between transparency and environmental justice?
4:05 Report backs & wrap up4:15 Adjourn
Session 2b. Growing Supply Chain Transparency—featuring the innovative Cosmetic Supply Chain Transparency Act (4:40-6:00pm EST)
- Representative Jan Schakowsky, US House of Representatives
- Speaking on the introduction of the Cosmetic Supply Chain Transparency Act in Congress
- Janet Nudelman, Director of Program and Policy, Breast Cancer Prevention Partners
- Providing highlights on the Cosmetic Supply Chain Transparency Act
- Mia Davis, VP, Sustainability & Impact, Credo Beauty; and Co-Founder, Pact Collective
- Sharing why businesses are in support of Congressional action on supply chain transparency
Schedule4:40 Presentations5:15 Q&A5:25 Small groups
- What are your challenges in supply chain transparency?
- How can policy support supply chain transparency?
- How does supply chain transparency support environmental justice?
5:50 Report backs & wrap up6:00 Adjourn