Resources and Information
The Lab provides information on select cleaning topics. These include:
- Dangers of Mixing Common Cleaning Products
- Household Cleaning DIY Recipes
- Trichloroethylene (TCE) Reduction
The Lab has developed tools to assist in evaluation safer alternatives:
- P2OASys: TURI developed the Pollution Prevention Options Assessment System (P2OASys) tool to help companies determine whether the toxics use reduction (TUR) options they are considering improve upon their existing process when looking at environmental, health and safety topics. By using P2OASys, unforeseen negative environmental, worker or public health impacts may be identified prior to adopting the proposed changes.
- CleanerSolutions: To use the more than 25 years of testing information effectively, TURI created CleanerSolutions. The tool links performance evaluations to specific testing parameters and environmental assessments performed at the lab.